For more than 25 years, Ground Water Science has been the region’s trusted, flexible and innovative provider of hydrogeologic and ground water system solutions. At water industry meetings, if someone else speaks on a ground water topic, they turn to us to see what we think. Combining advanced academic credentials with real-world experience, we solve complex challenges faced by corporations, public agencies, municipalities, and others. Through our hands-on management and strict adherence to the highest standards of integrity, we integrate people, science, tools, and processes to most effectively support our clients to achieve their goals in the delivery of safe and reliable water supplies.
Unique among ground water service firms, Ground Water Science offers forensic analysis and troubleshooting for microbiological well contamination, and the whole range of problems within ground water and drain systems (including biofouling and biocorrosion). We have the capacity to analyze and interpret microbiological, chemical, corrosion, and mineralogical parameters using a variety of methods. When you want to get beyond the "simple" and "free" tests offered by the well chemical companies (especially the "hit it with a hammer" test), these are the ones. The big multi-state multi-discipline firms hire us to do that for them. We can conduct many analyses in the field - even in remote and difficult locations.
Because Ground Water Science is a small firm, our clients work directly with the managing principals, each of whom bring 30+ years experience in a broad range of hydrogeologic settings and project conditions and have extensive knowledge of aquifer-scale hydrogeology, well hydraulics, well and wellfield design, equipment, ground water quality, and hydrogeochemistry. We are certified (CGWP and CPG) and licensed where they care about geologic professionalism (PA, IN, KY, reciprocating ASBOG states, and federal projects). Ohio licenses hair dressers but not geoscientists. Our team includes a leading ground water microbiologist with practical local, national, and international experience in problems of well and ground water system performance and ground-water quality decline.
We have the gear and software to do the job, but more importantly, our skill and experience in using these assets allow us to perform vital services that lead to critical solutions for our clients. These services include:
- Aquifer testing and analysis.
- Siting new production wells and site characterization.
- Supervising well construction (test, production, and observation wells).
- New public water supply well support.
- High-quality well and pump performance testing (1 to 4000 gpm).
- On-site testing of basic chemical-physical parameters and of biofouling and biocorrosion indicators. (We also provide additional on-site analyses and sampling for off-site analysis as needed.)
- Hydrologic modeling (both semi-analytical and numerical) including complex fracture-flow, quasi-porous media fracture flow, layered unconsolidated, and glacial-alluvial in bedrock settings.
- Analysis and graphical display of results from pumping tests (and others) in various hydrogeologic settings, including step tests, constant-rate tests, and slug tests for single and multiple wells, and biological and chemical data.
- GIS profiling and three-dimensional log and profiling with the capacity to import, manipulate, manage, and display a wide range of information in a spatial context, including accurate projection of hydrologic and geologic features on surficial feature maps and photographs, and development of cross-sections, head maps, and fence diagrams.
- Analysis of biofouling microbiological parameters by microscopy and culturing and biochemical methods.
- Providing chemical (including significant on-site), corrosion, and mineralogical analysis, and detailed predictions and analyses.
MOST of ALL: We bring our love of ground water science and commitment to service to your job.
To discuss a consulting arrangement, please contact us.